Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Have an 8022 ink cartridge printer that won't work 

It gives me an event code and tells me to contact support

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

code 71.02.4A

HP Recommended

Hi @Michels1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The error code 71.02.4A on your printer typically indicates a problem related to the formatter board or a communication issue between the formatter and other components of the printer. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting this issue:

Step-by-Step Troubleshooting

Power Cycle the Printer:

• Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
  • Wait for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
  • Plug the printer back in and turn it on.
  • Check if the error persists.

Check Connections:

• Ensure that all cables and connections between the formatter board and other components (such as the control panel and power supply) are securely connected.
  • Reseat all connections to ensure proper contact.

Inspect the Formatter Board:

• Open the printer's access panel to locate the formatter board.
  • Look for any visible signs of damage, such as burnt components or loose connectors.
  • If possible, reseat the formatter board to ensure it is properly connected.

Firmware Update:

• Check if there is a firmware update available for your printer model.
  • Download the latest firmware from the HP website and follow the instructions to update your printer.
  • Updating the firmware can resolve many issues related to hardware and communication errors.

Reset to Factory Defaults:

• Resetting the printer to factory settings can sometimes clear persistent error codes.
  • Refer to your printer’s user manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

Service Mode:

• Access the printer's service mode (if available) to run diagnostic tests.
  • The service mode can provide more detailed information about the error and help in diagnosing the problem.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.