Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 2636

I'm having trouble trying to figure out if i can print on cardstock on my printer. There are several different paper options but most of them are different sizes, i do not see one that specifies weight. Can someone please help me? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mmartin2017 

What about paper weight?

The tendency for partial obscurity continues in the Specifications > Paper Handling and the printer Datasheet.

The Specifications 

Media types
Plain paper, Photo paper, Brochure paper
Media weight supported (metric)
75 g/m²
Media weight supported (U.S. standard)
Letter: 16 to 32 lb; HP envelopes: 20 to 24 lb; HP cards: up to 110 lb; HP 4 x 6 inch photo paper: up to 145 lb

I cannot find a definition for "HP Cards", though within context, this may mean "Index card" media.  Index / Cards may be listed as an available Media (kind of paper) in your printer preferences (print dialog / menu).

The answer is that you should be able to print on card paper as long as that card paper is within the maximum weight (110 lb by definition).  

Paper Sizes

The Datasheet indicates support for custom sizes > 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in

This means that if you find the Media type "Cards" (or "Index cards") but you do not find the size of paper you need, you can create a "custom size paper" form to use with your project.

Software

You might be best served having installed the Full Feature Software to ensure you have access to the full range of features.  Having said that, I have only found the HP Smart App listed in the printer's Software and Drivers category. 

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

Assuming the HP Smart software works and does what you need, this is all you need.

I found the following Full Feature Software for the printer series (DeskJet 2600):

DJ2600_Full_WebPack_43.3.2478.exe

The Full Feature Software is for the DJ2600 printer series (a group of similar printers) - this is the software often referred to as "the printer software" in documents or posts on this community.  Do you need it?  If the "Smart" application does not handle the custom paper size form, for example, consider (downloading / saving and) installing this software.  After (if) you do install the Full Feature Software, Restart the computer and log in.

The Basics here - load paper:

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP DeskJet 2636 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.