Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am also having this issue and the above solution you provided resulted the same for me. It puts up the prompt for username and password, my wifi username and password do not work, nor does the 'admin' '12345678' work in its place. Could you please assist me?

Thank you,

Rosanna

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorry, I didn't see the early solution that provided to you.

I just to share my experience on resetting the adminstrator password....

Reset network settings
To reset the administrator password and network settings, complete the following steps:
1. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.
2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then select Yes.

Andy

HP Recommended

Betetr to do factory restore  below detail steps 

Press the "Menu" button on the control panel of the printer.

Scroll to "Configure Device" with the "Down Arrow" button.

Press the "Select" button. The "Select" button is located to the left of the printer display and has a check mark on it.

Scroll to "Resets" with the "Down Arrow" button, and press the "Select" button.

Press the "Down Arrow" to highlight the "Restore Factory Settings" option.

Press the "Select" button on the control panel to reset the printer 

“I am an HP employee”.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.