Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
I need to reinstall the printer drivers for my 3054, and when I go to the HP website to get, it says it cannot find. I un installed the application for printing because I was going to try to reinstall because it would not print, but now no drivers? Cannot figure out where to go from here.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@eyewear1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• To assist you better, are you using a MAC or a Win PC?
  • Which device and which OS are you trying to find the driver for?
  • How is the printer connected to the computer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Using a Mac Big Sur 11.0.1
Wireless and can connect

When I try to print something, the print queue comes up and shows the computer transferring the information from the printer, but then it goes blank and nothing prints.

I deleted all the old software from HP with their uninstall app, but then when I try and find the new software and drivers they say it can’t be found on their webpage.

The only other thing I question is that it shows the network name that’s an AT&T wifi username that I don’t use. But even when I switch it to that in preferences it still won’t print. I have a copy of the network configuration page that I can send to you if that might give you any more information. 

HP Recommended

@eyewear1

This model printer does not have a driver available on HP Support site to work on macOS 11. It is also not AirPrint compatible. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will try that solution. I have had this printer for several years, and it always worked without any problems.  Did HP just eliminate support and drivers for it recently?  We had an electrical storm right before it stopped working, but that doesn't seem like it could have caused the problem.  I also have a MacBook Pro that works fine with this printer.  Used to be able to print from my iPhone also, but no longer works either.  I guess it's time for a new printer.  Just hate to buy one and waste the ink I have on hand. 

HP Recommended

I downloaded the Gutenprint, but still cannot get it to install.  When I read the info it indicated Mac OS systems up to 10. something.  I have Big Sur 11.0.1.  I assume there isn't a driver for this version.  

HP Recommended

@eyewear1

You may check if the driver is available on the Apple site. Click here. If not, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.