Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. If I try and enable web services via the control panel on the printer it says it is unable to connect to the internet.  If I try and enable web servicies via the web interface it the "wait screen" just goes away and nothing changes. If I print out a network configuration page, it says on the "Internet" line that it is connected. 

I tried changing the IP address to what you suggested as well as the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, but still not working.

PLease help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @sacedric

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are having problems connecting to Web Services.

I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps attempted.

I'd like to help.

Please restart the Router, computer and do a Printer Reset.

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Next update the Firmware from Here, then assign the Manual IP Address as instructed in the other post.

- Print a Network Config Page. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen, you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @sacedric

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are having problems connecting to Web Services.

I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps attempted.

I'd like to help.

Please restart the Router, computer and do a Printer Reset.

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Next update the Firmware from Here, then assign the Manual IP Address as instructed in the other post.

- Print a Network Config Page. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen, you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks KrazyToad, I was able to do get it working after I updated the firmware. FYI, that was a trick in itself. WHen I went to the link you posted, and selected my OS as Mac OS 10.12, it showed now link for firmware. So on my Mac I changed the options to Windows 10 (64 bit) and there was the link for the firmware. So i grabbed y daughters Surface and went to the same page and it showed nothing as avaialble. So i ended up downloading the file on my Mac, tranferring it to ty daighters surface and updating the firmware that way. But its working now, so thanks!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @sacedric

I'm glad you were able to get this sorted out. Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.