Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi savil,

There is nothing on the bill which will give them information to do the regionalization on the printer. This is all done from the printer and software. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Hi savil,

Wanted to check to see if you were able to get the printer Region reset?
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard,

Thanks for checking in.

This time my Dad spoke to an agent called Joy, who said that having the Bill and a Test Page printout are needed for his internal process requirements. When asked to speak with a supervisor, my dad was put on hold for a while. Then his personal details were taken down and he was asked to send an email to [Personal Information Removed] (see below for the email that was sent).

We haven't received any response yet for this email message. Would you be able to help out internally in some fashion?

Much appreciated.

Best,
Savil

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Subject: Regionalisation reset
To: [Personal Information Removed]

Reference Service ticket no[Personal Information Removed]

I have been issued the above service ticket number by Joy at HP Support Desk a few minutes back.

This is to inform you that I need a Regionalisation Reset to be done on my HP computer HP4280. However, I do not have the Purchase Bill, and cannot provide it, as the printer was bought in the uSA a long time back (2008). But I do have a HP printer in my possession.

This is to request you to give necessary permission and initiate necessary action for the Regionalisation Reset to be done asap, so that I can buy a new cartridge and start using the Printer again. Otherwise, it will go into my WPB and so will all HP products in future.(I am typing this on a HP laptop and plan to buy a new one soon but doubt if it will be a HP given your woeful Customer Service and friendliness!).

Many thanks,

Sanjay Kumar

HP Recommended
Hi savil,

Thank you for the update. I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly.
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard,

We haven't heard back from the email to [Personal Information Removed].

Also, called HP Support India again yesterday and after some time managed to get through to a supervisor [Personal Information Removed] who asked for the bill, when the printer was bought and when. 

He (the supervisor) was repeating the same thing that nothing can be done without the purchase documents. He asked also if my dad has any travel document. He was informed that it was brought as personal baggage. Finally, he said he'd get back in 72 hours (why does it take so long for something so routine?).

I'm not sure what to say here, except that issue is not-yet-resolved.

Best,
Savil

HP Recommended
Hi savil,

Have you received a message or a call about this issue yet?
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard,

Haven't heard back via phone or email yet.

Best,
Savil

HP Recommended

Hi savil,

Please be patient while i follow up on this for you.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi savil,

You will need to check your private message inbox for a message from SilviaHelp. If you check next to your log in name there is a email icon which should indicate you have one message.

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

So...I've already contacted HP Support. Prettymuch an out-sourced answering service and frustrating when you know more about the product than the person who's supposed to be tech support. I bought my HP 3070A B611A printer in Italy and now live in the US.  I have all my information in front of me (serial, product #, firmware, etc) from the test page but they weren't able to help because they don't have enough knowledge to give me the codes that I need. I was told that they would forward my information up to 2nd tier tech support. What a joke! Is there anyone on here with any knowledge or work-around for this printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.