Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Of course it did Grrr. This is such BS. What’s the point of HP allowing users to disable the “must be authentic ink” option only to put your users through this rat race of trying to figure out what’s wrong. 

Thanks hon for replying so quickly guess Ill be going to buy the same. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I have the HP4650 with instant ink. For weeks I could get around the error message by slightly removing and reinserting the cartridges. Now it will not print at all. I removed and cleaned them with bottled water and a coffee filter. I rebooted multiple times. Removed and reinserted the cartridges multiple times. And finally did the hard reboot as described in this post. All to no avail. I am working from home and must be able to print. I can’t try new cartridges because instant ink doesn’t recognize them as being empty. Please help.  Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately nothing is going to work I have been trying for a week and the only thing that works is using HP ink.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response but I am using HP ink. 

HP Recommended

Oh no! I’m sorry I thought this was only happening to non HP cartridges

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  Used an old cartridge and it worked.  Since I have instant ink, I called up and they r sending a new cartridge

HP Recommended

Same here. Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

I had to buy HP ink and the error went away 😞

HP Recommended

So am I understanding correctly that i have just wasted over 100$ in ink trying to fix my printer and the whole issue is i did not buy my cartridges from instAINk? If that is the case I will never NEVER buy another go product again. I have been a loyal customer and have always bragged up my go products,until now.. Now I am calling a friend to please being her printer to my shop for borrowing 😞

HP Recommended

Are they HP cartridges? If not that is the issue. If they are, I would contact their support. For me it was due to being non HP ink which is bs because it worked fine before the firmware update on 4/23

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.