Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 2420d Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina
Product: HP 2420
Operating System: MacOS 10.15 Catalina

tried to print documents will have a couple of pages printed then get error message 49.2f90 using hp2420 laserjet using a mac osx Catalina.   Any help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LadyDay53

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand you are getting errors while printing, I am glad to assist you.

Which application are you using to print?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am usually printing a docx or pdf file.   Now I am also getting a 49.FF05 Service error.  I am wondering if I should just put this printer on the trash bin.  I have constant printer offline errors,  any I have trouble getting the Mac OS Catalina to recognize the. printer. Needless to say, I am a bit tired of this printer.  The 49.F90 error appears when duplexing.  I have no clue what provoked the 49.FF05 Service error.  I was just retiring for the night and was going to turn the printer off and discovered this error.  I have not printed a document all day.  I tried earlier but got a printer offline error.  It is always something with this piece of junk.  If you can help, I would be appreciative or on the trash pile it goes.   Thanks,

HP Recommended

Is this printer compatible with the Mac OS Catalina.  10.15.7.   

estelle

HP Recommended

Do you have the most current firmware? May not help as this is a very old printer, but worth a try as most 49 errors are caused by the printer not understanding newer print commands.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.