Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8500 A910

Changed the C/M printhead to a brand (HP) new one, and installed all barnd new (hp) color ink. Every time the printer turned on at tries to align the printhead which always fails. During the alignment it only prints the first row of the dashed lines, then stops with a failure.

Also I tried to run the printhead cleaning a few times.

But when I print a test page it looks nice, no distortion or anything. Is it possible to make it not to do the alignment and just print as is?

If not, could the printer be repaired (the warranty is expired), and would it be better to buy a new printer instead may be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Looks like your printer is defective.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Print out the Print Quality Page and check to make sure all is perfect.  All colors must be present and good in order to align the printer.

HP Recommended
Printer's Quality Page goes out black and white only, no colors.
HP Recommended

That is your problem.  Must get all color to work in order to align.

HP Recommended

So, how do I get all color to work? Like I said, the printer allows me print color picures and colored text with satisfying quality, but after each print (and after being turned on) it tries to align and fails.

In other words, color printing is functioning seemingly properly. What else I could try to do?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I did. I even tried to replace the printhead to another brand new one.

HP Recommended

Looks like your printer is defective.

HP Recommended

I just want to correct my previous answer. The "Print Quality Diagnostics page" is printed in color with a good quality, as well as the one printed after the head cleaning procedure. But the "Self test Diagnostic Page" printed all in black and white.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.