Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress SL-C430W Color Laser Printer

HI, 

Replaced the transfer unit.

Simple.

The red light keeps blinking.

I found out that te counter needs to be reset.

How do I do that?

P.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The reset is done with software that is available only for authorized service personnel. Google it up it's called EDC tool maybe you can get it somewhere. There is a old video on YT with instructions on how to use it and link for download.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks.

This is strange, even rediculous.

I own the printer. I bought new parts. 
Installed them myself.

Why on earth should I not be able (or be allowed) to reset a counter?

Again: I own this machine, I paid for it.

Flabbergasted!

P.

HP Recommended

You are allowed to do any part replacement, but for resetting the counter you need to have an EDC tool.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks, 

Called HP: "Call Samsung"

Called Samsung: "Call HP"

HP: "see YouTube"

Youtube: "buy software from us"

Now what....?

Question for HP: will the printer keep on functioning?

Answer: "maybe not"

HUH?

P.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.