Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4511
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed new ink cartridges, and the printer went to print the alignment page but pulled like 10 pages due to the fact that they were stuck togeather, so i canceled the print. Now i have installed fresh paper and want to manually print a new alignment page. How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Shadowhawk1

Thank you for the clarifications,

Here's all you need to know about aligning the printer:

Aligning the ink cartridges correctly aligns the printhead with the printer. Align the printer from the printer control panel, then evaluate the results.

1. Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, then touch Align Printer.

An alignment page prints.

5. Wait for the alignment page to fully eject from the printer.

NOTE:

Before a print job, the printer automatically extends the output tray extender. Do not push in the output tray extender until the print job is complete.

6. Lift the scanner lid.

7. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Image: Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass

8. Close the scanner lid, then touch OK

The printer aligns the ink cartridges.

9. Try to print again.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printout shows track marks or smears, continue to the next step to manually clean the area around the ink nozzles.

• If these steps did not resolve the issue, and the printout does not show track marks or smears, skip to the step to replace the problem ink cartridge.

Although, I must add: 

After you install new ink cartridges, the printer automatically prints an alignment page

Let me know if that works for you,

If not, I'll get more steps to assist you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Shadowhawk1

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums, 

It'll be an honour to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query.

Here are a few ways of printing an alignment page manually:

1. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow () to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.

2. Press the Down Arrow () to scroll to Align Printer, and then press OK.

If you continue to have paper jam errors as the one you've got: Click here for steps.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48 hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the printer we are dealing with is a HP envy 4511.  It has a touch screen with no up or down arrows to press.  As well as no "tools" menu option.

HP Recommended

@Shadowhawk1

Thank you for the clarifications,

Here's all you need to know about aligning the printer:

Aligning the ink cartridges correctly aligns the printhead with the printer. Align the printer from the printer control panel, then evaluate the results.

1. Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, then touch Align Printer.

An alignment page prints.

5. Wait for the alignment page to fully eject from the printer.

NOTE:

Before a print job, the printer automatically extends the output tray extender. Do not push in the output tray extender until the print job is complete.

6. Lift the scanner lid.

7. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Image: Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass

8. Close the scanner lid, then touch OK

The printer aligns the ink cartridges.

9. Try to print again.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printout shows track marks or smears, continue to the next step to manually clean the area around the ink nozzles.

• If these steps did not resolve the issue, and the printout does not show track marks or smears, skip to the step to replace the problem ink cartridge.

Although, I must add: 

After you install new ink cartridges, the printer automatically prints an alignment page

Let me know if that works for you,

If not, I'll get more steps to assist you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks to your help i got my printer alighned. thank you very much.

HP Recommended

@Shadowhawk1

Thanks for keeping us posted

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.