Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an issue with my officejet pro printer 8620.

I have the same issue with the following messge display on the printer screen : hp officejet pro 8620 memory device is corrupted use unsupported format such as NTFS.

Moreovoer,  not USB device is connected on the printer front.

I have tried to unplug the power cord (wall and printer) waiting 60 seconds => not success.

Regards,

Stephane

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TooFunky,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

The printer only supports a Fat 32 device. Just in case if the USB drive device is using NTFS format this could be the reason why it's not getting recognized on the printer. 

I would recommend you try to backup all your files first and then format the USB device. 

Note: While formatting the USB device, please remember to choose File system as FAT 32 instead of NTFS.

Alternatively, have you tried to use a different USB device and check if that works. 

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

This issue issue occurs all the time. USB device connected or not connected to the front USB port.

I have always this message on the printer screen without a way to access to the standard display.

As mentionned previsouly i have tried and hardreset of my printer without success

Do you have a solution for this issue ?

Regards,

Stéphane

HP Recommended

@TooFunky,

Let's try to update the printer firmware.

I would suggest here is to update the HP printer firmware. If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website.  Or you can directly update the printer firmware from the printer control panel.

For more details on how to update the printer firmware, please follow this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware Once done restart the printer.

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Singh,

There is no way to install the firmware. The tool (OJP8620_1828A.exe) available on hp online HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware specified that the latest one is already installed. => I can not select the check box before to upload the firmware.

clipboard_image_0.png

I have tried to install and use HP web jetadmin to force the firmware reinstallation in my printer. No solution on this side.

Could you please check how to proceed and the next step ?

I'm wondering if i can not open the printer and disconnect the USB plug available in the front to check if it's not a USB connector issue ? Please note that nothing is connected to this USB plug.

Regards,

Stéphane

HP Recommended

@TooFunky If the suggested steps aren't working, this could mean that the issue has occurred due to a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options,

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.