Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp6830
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

The printer put itself into fax mode and I can't get out of it.  If I want to send a fax, I go to kinko's...I want the hp6830 to serve as a printer and nothing else.  What do I have to do?  If it means finding some other vendor's product, I have no objection to that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there,
Welcome to the HP Community @GilPotus,

I saw your post about your Officejet 6830 being stuck in "fax mode", and wanted to reply to you with my suggestions. If the printer shows fax options on the display that are unresponsive, try a power reset to start out. Also ensure the printer is plugged in directly to a wall outlet.

Reset:

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the unit.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the unit.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

If you have any troubles with the steps, let me know and I will do my best to help. If the printer is non responsive or you see any errors, etc., let me know!

To show appreciation for my attempt to help you out today, click the thumbs up below. Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has been resolved please and thanks! 😄

Have a great day,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there,
Welcome to the HP Community @GilPotus,

I saw your post about your Officejet 6830 being stuck in "fax mode", and wanted to reply to you with my suggestions. If the printer shows fax options on the display that are unresponsive, try a power reset to start out. Also ensure the printer is plugged in directly to a wall outlet.

Reset:

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the unit.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the unit.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

If you have any troubles with the steps, let me know and I will do my best to help. If the printer is non responsive or you see any errors, etc., let me know!

To show appreciation for my attempt to help you out today, click the thumbs up below. Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has been resolved please and thanks! 😄

Have a great day,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you...it seemed to work and my HP6830 is printing up a storm!  GilPotus

HP Recommended

Awesome news:)

I am glad I could help! Please hit the "Accept as Solution" and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.