Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a laserjet M15w that has worked for years with no problem. Yesterday I went to go print three different documents. The first two came out fine, the third refused to print. I kept getting the message that there was a "filter fail" on my chromebook. I head to google to see if I can figure the issues out. Everything online tells me I either need to restart both the computer and the printer (didn't work), or I needed to update the software on my printer, which is not possible, as the printer doesn't have upgradable software. I even checked on the HP website to be sure, and it says this model has no OS to update. 

I switched to my partner's laptop, an old HP. The last document prints, but the next document they try to print, doesn't. I grab my super old HP and see if it'll work. Nothing. I don't know what to do. 

I checked on the HP website and they no longer offer IT support and instead expect other users to help each other. I've never been so angry to not be able to get stuck on hold for a few hours for what is probably the easiest fix in the world that I just cannot figure out!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.