Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
D110 All in one
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

When I print anything from myMacBk Pro, iPad and iphone 7 (latter two running ios 11) I only get a blank piece of paper. My friend can print from her phone. I checked the cartridges (they are HP cartridges), taken them out and put them back in. Cartridges are nearly full per check on machine. I did all the other maintainance and also reset to default settings.  When pages were printed for the maintainance the color clearly came through. Do I need an updated driver? Have no clue how to know if I do and where to even look on the computer.  Or is it something else.  Thanks much.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nsbprof1,

I  have reviewed the post. It is delightful to have you back here. You've done amazingly well by displaying spectacular troubleshooting expertise, superb resilience and stupendous research to try and figure it out. Kudos to you for a job well done.  🙂 You've tried all the relevant steps and the issue continues. As @Riddle_Decipher  is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf and taking over from here.

If there are no other printers connected or added to the computer and only this one, then please reset the mac printing system once by following these steps:

Reset Mac printing system and then add the printer by following these steps:

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.

• Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.

• Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.

• Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.

• Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.

• Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list

• Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.

• Click the “Add button” (+).

• Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

• Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. 

For further assistance on how to reset Mac printing system and add the printer please visit this link:       http://hp.care/2gOrf2g and it also has an associated video for your reference.

This should do the trick for you. If it does not, then reset the Mac printing system again and then download the printer from the Apple website link: http://hp.care/2wU8ONmusing Apple Software update.

If the problem continues the follow all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2jwAgin to fix it. (HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)

This should resolve the issue.

Good Luck and keep me posted. Now I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead.  🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@nsbprof1

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out!

As I understand the printer isn't working on your device but works from a friends phone,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you installed the latest drivers from the HP website?

(Click here to find and install the same, if you haven't done that yet)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Install the best available HP print driver and software on your Mac using Apple Software Update. Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network.

NOTE:

Since October 2016, HP printer software packages are no longer delivered through Apple Software Update. Visit 123.hp.com to download the latest HP software for your printer. Alternatively, if your printer supports Apple AirPrint, you do not need a driver to print from your Mac or iOS device. For more information, go to About AirPrint (in English).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for response to my request re printing on blank paper. The D110 is an air print printer so if I understand the info I don't need a driver. Correct? If so what should I try now?

Nancy

HP Recommended

I received an email this morning that there was a response to my latest question from 2/28. I clicked on the link to see the response but only see the previous one. Is there a more current answer. Still can't print.

HP Recommended

@nsbprof1,

I  have reviewed the post. It is delightful to have you back here. You've done amazingly well by displaying spectacular troubleshooting expertise, superb resilience and stupendous research to try and figure it out. Kudos to you for a job well done.  🙂 You've tried all the relevant steps and the issue continues. As @Riddle_Decipher  is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf and taking over from here.

If there are no other printers connected or added to the computer and only this one, then please reset the mac printing system once by following these steps:

Reset Mac printing system and then add the printer by following these steps:

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.

• Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.

• Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.

• Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.

• Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.

• Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list

• Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.

• Click the “Add button” (+).

• Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

• Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. 

For further assistance on how to reset Mac printing system and add the printer please visit this link:       http://hp.care/2gOrf2g and it also has an associated video for your reference.

This should do the trick for you. If it does not, then reset the Mac printing system again and then download the printer from the Apple website link: http://hp.care/2wU8ONmusing Apple Software update.

If the problem continues the follow all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2jwAgin to fix it. (HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)

This should resolve the issue.

Good Luck and keep me posted. Now I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead.  🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks David.  Will follow your steps this weekend and get back to you.  Fingers crossed!

HP Recommended

@nsbprof1,

I read this super quick reply. It is great to have you back again. Your patience and efforts are really appreciated.

Please go ahead and try it over the weekend and break some good news that is music to your ears and mine. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. 🙂

Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been simply awesome to work with and it has been an absolute privilege to have shared this platform with you. You've also been a valued HP customer. Thanks again for your time.

If this helps, to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not had time yet to try this. Death in family.  Will try to see if this works tomorrow. Thanks for following up and helping.  I'll get back

HP Recommended

Hi David,

I've reset the printer in the printer and scanner in System Preferences. Restarted the computer and now cannot load the printer & scanner preference pane. Get the message "Preferences Error Could not load Printers & Scanners preference pane." Am trying to figure that out so I can continue with setting up D110 again.  I'll be back. Thanks for your patience.

Nancu

HP Recommended

All working fine.  Thanks much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.