Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Envy 4520 printer does not print in colour, only black and white.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @wings123, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues printing in color from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a color copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application does the issue persist?

Please try the steps recommended below.

1. In your software application, click Print.
2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.
3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.
4. On the Properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.
5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
6. Click OK to complete the change.

If the issue persists, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers by following the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.
Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:
Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
From the Start menu or the Start screen:
Open Devices and Printers.
Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
Click on the Drivers tab.
Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
Click the Remove button.
Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the full feature printer software from this link.

Let me know how this works.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @wings123, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues printing in color from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a color copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application does the issue persist?

Please try the steps recommended below.

1. In your software application, click Print.
2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.
3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.
4. On the Properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.
5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
6. Click OK to complete the change.

If the issue persists, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers by following the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.
Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:
Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
From the Start menu or the Start screen:
Open Devices and Printers.
Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
Click on the Drivers tab.
Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
Click the Remove button.
Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the full feature printer software from this link.

Let me know how this works.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had some success at the moment on your advice and thank you for that, lets hope it stays working OK.

Its a bit frustrating to have to go through this process but if it works thats good, ......if it doesn`t its understandable people get a tad loopy.

HP Recommended

Hi! @wings123, You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.