Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi @Dafneydeslouche

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• What model HP printer are you using?
  • What is the error you get?
  • Are you using Instant Ink cartridges or the regular HP ink cartridges in the printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Piddy77

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Nico91, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you able to provide a contact number that I can arrange a warranty exchange of my defective cartridge. I am not an instant ink customer but have paid full price for my cartridges. I was sent a link from the previous representative which has proved completely useless. Went round in circles on it for about an hour before giving up. Extremely frustrating especially given the amount of time I have already wasted going through the other solution steps.

A simple phone number to contact would be helpful as seem be getting nowhere with this!

HP Recommended

I am also having the same ink cartridge issue and have gone through all the painstaking troubleshooting steps. It seems like this is a persistent issue that has occurred to hundreds, if not thousands of HP consumers. It seems like the printers or the cartridges need to be recalled and fixed. This thread is at least two years old, and HP still has not come up with a solution. 

HP Recommended

It's exceedingly poor customer service. I have paid £40 for these cartridges which I may as well just put in the bin. Their warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on if they are not prepared to honour it and there is no way to redeem against it.

I'll certainly never buy another HP product again!

HP Recommended

Hi there, I am having the same issue with Black Inc cartridges. Please help to resolve the issue. Tried removing and reinstalling the cartridge many times and even replaced with a new HP Instant Ink cartridge but there is no success. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. It started while using a cartridge that was about 1/3 full and had not been removed from the machine prior to the notice popping up.  Using the cleaning tips I was able to get the printer working again.  I have now had to replace the cartridge and I am getting the same message.  I have done all the suggested items and nothing is working.  Additionally I put in another cartridge and that is also giving me the error message. HELP!!

HP Recommended

@Jen01, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document  HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and have tried the above advice. I am desperate to have my printer working again but the color ink cartridges we just purchased will not install. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.