Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. I think I  have spent hundred of Eur on Ink although I dont print that often. I still have the same rim of paper I bought a year ago but have replaced my ink countless amount of times. I think the whole ink issue is a scam and I will simply buy a laser black and white printer because I dont need all the fancy features of a HP printer if its so expensive to run.

HP Recommended

I have located a document that will explain in detail Ink Usage in Inkjet Printers.  Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Do a Google search and you will see that HP has been sued in the past for this exact thing. Their printers say you're out of ink when your not or becuase you actually are because it wasted yours. I bought new ink, set all print settings as the most conservative I could and even printed in black ink only. I also never turned my printer off so that it could waste my ink with all that crap it has to do every time it turns off and back on again. Guess what? After printing only a few things, the ink is low again. The solution is to smash the printer to bits and buy another brand. Never buy from HP ever agian! Let them go backrupt.

HP Recommended

Same issue I dusted of my all in one printer d110a printer (for some future kick starter project prototype I had been working on) 12 copy's with a new ink cartridges I just bought both color and black all ready saying ink is low spent over $75.00 on ink one black and a 2x color pack and I won't be buying anymore. Can't print via WiFi anymore ether didn't know that one ether, well I'm done!!

Other note loved my HP laptop and it died  after 1yr I was told that I would cost about the same amount as a new one to get it fixed by support, never again HP I'm done . last straw for me!!!

HP Recommended

I totally agree. When I talked to the customer rep, he suggest I use the Instant ink service. This is a racket.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.