Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I chose to print a document and the document only partially printed.  It is a 29 page document.  The printer status shows as "Deleting-Error-Printing" for pages 120/29.  I have restarted my PC and the printer and the error will not clear and allow me to print anything.  Anyone have a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi DeAnne28,

I am not certain what is causing this error, but I have an idea that may resolve it. I understand the printer status shows "Deleting-Error-Printing", I suspect if we restart the spooler, delete the driver, and re-add the printer we may be able to correct the issue. Use the instructions below to complete these tasks.

Restart print spooler

Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box

• Type services.msc and press Enter
  • Locate Print Spooler and double click on it to open the Spooler properites print spooler.JPG
  • Make sure startup type is set to Automatic, if it is not please click on the drop down and choose Automaticprinter server properties.JPG
  • Under Service status, please Stop the server, and then wait a moment and click Start

Deleting the printer from Printer Server Properties

1. Open the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder

2. Choose ‘Print server properties’.

•  Win XP – With no printer selected, click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows Vista – With no printer selected, press ‘Alt’ then click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows 7/8 and 8.1 – Select any printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder and click ‘Print Server properties’ above.

3. Click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top of ‘Print server properties’ window

4. Choose the printer you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’

5. Choose 'Remove driver only'

6. The next screen will give a warning, letting you know that deleting the driver package will remove it from the system. Click ‘Yes’ to say that you are sure you want to do this.

If you get an 'In use' error, restart the computer and the printer, then follow the steps again.

Re-add printer

Open Start > All Programs > HP folder > Printer folder > HP Setup and Software if you do not see Setup and Software but you see the printer icon, double click on the printer icon to launch the Setup and Software. 

Please let me know if this does resolve the issue, or if you require additional assistance, I am happy to help.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

I have exactly the same problem as this other customer, except my printer is a hp ENVY 4520:

Hi, 

I'm having some issues with my HP ENVY 4524, it's fairly new and I have only used it a couple of times. The last time I used it was around 5 days ago and it printed fine. However, today when I am attempting to print from my laptop again through wireless connection the following message appears: 'Wait until the printer finishes before you push in the output tray extender.'

I have tried unplugging the cable at the back of my printer and unplugging the cable from the socket, leaving it at least 60 seconds before plugging it back in again and turning it on. I was able to print a printer status report from the home screen of my printer- the tray came out and the report printed. I then tried to print my stuff now that the tray was out but the same message appeared again and no attempts were made by my printer to print my stuff out. Therefore even with the tray out it isn't printing. The tray isn't coming out when I try to print my stuff and only does when printing a printer status report or test page. 

I haven't altered any of the settings on my printer of laptop and there are no jams or blockages. Therefore would appreciate it if someone would be able to offer some advice on whether this is something I can fix easily or whether it needs to be sent back to where I brought it?

So I have tried to disconnect the printer driver as instructed by you to this other person...and it won't allow me...it still says the 'in use' message and I have also tried to restart the 'print spooler' and do remove it immediatley after. Also I have restarted the computer and printer...still not working..Can you help please, I only have this printer 3 days! 

HP Recommended

Greetings @sjane1000,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are getting the error 'Wait until the printer finishes before you push in the output tray extender". I would be happy to help you. 

Make sure the printer is on a flat surface and connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a powered hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation. 

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

Let me know what operating system you are using and the connection type if the issue persists.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.