Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
C480FW

I bought the C480FW so I can use it for wifi connectivity. I pull the machine out of the box, plug it in and immediately the display reads "Install Wireless NIC". It was my understanding this machine already HAD a nic, which is why I bought it. Pressing the WPS button results in hte display reading "Not Available". Arent these machines supposed to COME WITH a wireless nic?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Is it one of these... Samsung Xpress SL-C480FW Color Laser Multifunction Printer?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/Samsung-Xpress-SL-C480-Color-Laser-Multifunction-Printer-series...

Interface
  • Ethernet 10/100 Base-TX Wired Lan
  • 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/samsung-xpress-sl-c480-color-laser-multifunction-printer-series...

HP Recommended

Yes, it is the SL-C480FW, as shown in the first link.

I did try the Manual setup options as shown in the second link.  I am able to select MENU>NETWORK. The options under NETWORK however are: TCP/IP; Etherenet; Protocol Mgr; Network Config; Clear. There is no "WIRELESS" option. 

The display consistently flashes "install Wireless NIC".

Pressing the "WPS" button results in the printer responding with three short beeps, and the message "Not Available".

It seems to me there was an error in manufacturing. While I am quite capable of installing the NIC myself if one was "end-user" available, I have been unsuccessful in finding a separate WLAN NIC for this. According to Samsung's third-world, non-english, overseas tech support, I can send the machine in for "repair" and wait 4 to 6 weeks. Yeah- not an option for a brand new, out-of-the-box printer. (BTW, if you ask to speak to an "on-shore" person, they respond and say there is "no one higher or more informed than me". How's THAT for customer service?) I am going to contact my reseller to see if I cna get a replacement. 

HP Recommended

Hi

Replacement.

Good choice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.