Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung CLX-4195FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Support-Team,

i tried to upgrade my Samusung CLX-4195FW/SEE printer from the original firmware version V4.00.01.12 to the newest version CLX4195FW_V4.00.02.34 via network. Unfortunately the update got stuck at 23%.  The display on the printer showed that number for almost an hour and the programm on the pc said after a while that the printer does not respond any more and the updated failed. I downloaded the files directly from the hp support website and followed the "4195fw_Release Note_English.pdf" instruction carefully.

Update_freeze.jpgScreen at update freezeprogramm stuck.png Error at the pc

After switching the device on and off it shows on the display the error "UI Firmware upgrade was completed unsuccessfully !!" and "Please upgragde UI firmware again for recovery.".  After a while additionally the a blue text appears: "UI Communication Error. The machine should be restarted for recovery."

Error.jpgScreen now

After this i tried to just run the firmware upgrade again, but the software on the pc tells that it is not required and the upgrade over the SyncThru Webservice just uploads the firmware and then stays at the "programming" status forever.

Printing from the PC still works and i can still access the SyncThru Webservice, but the Display and its functions are not available.

Through the SyncThru Webservice the version information is showing, that the system firmware version is "V4.00.02.34 SEP-02-2015" but the UI Firmware version is "V5.08.50.56 07-05-12".

version.pngVersion information on SyncThru Webservice

My first impression is that may be due to a bug in the firmware upgrade the display / UI has not been updated and thus the communication between the main system and the display does not work anymore.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Is there a way to force a firmware upgrade of the UI?

Thanks in advance and best Regards!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear Support-Team,

I face the same issue as Albkla with an Samsung C2670 printer.  I tried to update the printer firmware with version V4.00.01.36 more than six month ago via SyncThru Web Service. Since the update stucks always around 60%, I contacted the HP-Samsung support after some iterations.

Unfortunatelly, even after more then 2x4 hours of phone support, there is no capable staff at the hotline, who was at least able to understand my problem . They made me installing a few unneccesary Samsung tools, are extremely unprofessional dealing with macOS.

May here is anyone, who knows how to deal with this kind of issue and fix it. I appreciate any helpful answer. Thank you!

HP Recommended

stesso problema come il tuo possibili soluzzioni grazie

HP Recommended

@daniele4

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.