Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem: I can get to frmware version V4.00.01.49 _UpgradeJig but when I try to upload CLX6260FW_V4.00.04.05.hd via the Web UI I get "invalid firmware".

I tried power on with STOP held down but there's on change to the normal startup.

I need to upgrade to get AirPrint 😞

HP Recommended

I managed to apply the v4.xx.02.29 from this site. It's dated 2015, so is at least a bit newer. Still no AirPrint 😞

https://www.samsungcloudprint.com/download_firmware.html

HP Recommended

Aye, that latest one is the problem that we're all hitting. 

The previous firmware updates do work, but the latest one not working is giving us hell. 

Anyone got a way to tag in a HP rep?

HP Recommended

All,

Latest Info on this

Quote from email"

You can try this on the printer: Before doing firmware update , please enable or turn on Firmware Update on your printer settings.

To access this, under Menu> press Setup> Admin Setup> Enter Password(default password in SWS: sec00000) > Firmware Update> On.

If you changed SWS Password, please use your password as well in logging-in in the Admin Setup. We tried updating firmware of our 6260FW printer here using USB cable. You can use the link I sent to you in doing firmware upgrade.

Should you have any questions or require further assistance you can always call us back at [edit]

Did Not work for me, the setting was off but when selected on made no difference. Dos window opened and did what looked to be a bit check then closed.

Tried to re apply the upgradejig.exe but it said not required as it has been previously applied.

I have been able to get CLX6260FW_V4.00.02.29  via USB loaded but the CLX6260FW_V4.00.04.05 still fails.

HP Recommended

I've just tried the approach Ughit mentioned of first setting Firmware Update to "On" in the admin menu on the printer LCD screen.  This sounded very promising, but unfortunately didn't work for me.  I'm running V4.00.02.29 and trying to upgrade to V4.00.04.05

After setting the Firmware Update to "On" my first approach was to try uploading firmware via the web interface. That just gave me the usual "Invalid Firmware" message after the verification stage.

I then dug out a USB cable and tried with that using "usblist2.exe CLX6260FW_V4.00.04.05.hd" from a cmd shell.

Note that you need to keep checking that Firmware Update is set to On as something seems to set it back to Off periodically. 

The usblist2 program runs and spends 20 seonds appearing to upload the firmware to the machine and says "Printing Complete!", but the printer does not reboot and the firmware is not upgraded. No message is displayed.

Note that if I try using usblist2 and the printer is not in Firmware Update mode at the end up the upload I get "Printing Complete!" from usblist2, but the printer displays a message saying that formware update mode is not enabled.

As others have noted, it looks a lot like this V4.00.04.05 image is just broken.

Has anyone managed to find any archived images newer than V4.00.02.29  ?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Update...

I have provided more info to Customer Support for this and they are looking into it. I suggested that the firmware may be the issue. 

As an additional question (with a solution), I have had the problem of the printer fogetting the date/time and have found a solution (I Think)

There is a Cr2032 battery on the Main board that looks replaceable for anyone with basic handskills. I have yet to do it but plan to in the near future.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1036627/Samsung-Clx-6260fd.html?page=72#manual

I'll keep you all updated....

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip about the battery. I've had the problem where the printer forgets some settings about email, smtp, smb and so on, but never time. I have replaced the battery now and will report back if replacing the battery helped.

My old battery was at 3.0V and the new one at 3.2V.

Actually you don't need to remove any screws or remove any covers to replace the battery. Just open the access panel on the right hand side and replace. It's a 30-second job at most.

HP Recommended

Sorry to report that after changing the battery the printer still keeps forgetting its settings on reboot, admin user password is reset, scan settings forgotten and the firmware update setting pops back to off. Seems like replacing the battery did not solve any of my problems. Still unable to update firmware too.

Ps. My printer forgets its settings, including SNTP setup, but the clock is never reset (except when I removed the battery of course).

HP Recommended

Still no solution to this firmware update?

Any update to TLS to support 1.2?

HP Recommended

Update,

I have had great support from HP/Samsung, They did a house call to try and update but no joy.

They offered to change the main board to resolve the issue. The catch is that  after the update any non-OEM cartridges may not work after the update. I have decided to not do this as I have near new aftermarket cartidges and do not want to buy new ones.

The tech also thought that these cartridges may be causing the update to be blocked. He was not sure though.

Suggest anyone with problems log a job through HP/Samsung.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.