Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

What does SWS mean?

HP Recommended

@Calefare wrote:

Is there a version v4.00.03.02?

From the frimware instruction the following are the firmware.

v4.00.02.24 dated 04 mar 2015
v4.00.02.25 dated 12 mar 2015
v4.00.02.26 dated 18 mar 2015
v4.00.02.29 dated 12 oct 2015
v4.00.04.05 dated 30 nov 2016

I have the same issue trying to update the firmware. Spoke to a HP help desk person.

He claim there is a need to update the firmware in sequence, i.e. cannot update from v4.00.02.21 to v4.00.04.05 straight. Need to do v4.00.02.24 then v4.00.02.25 v4.00.02.26 v4.00.02.29 in sequence first. Question is where to download those firmware files? He suppose to email. I still waiting.

Update 14 Oct 2019.

got off the phone with the helpdesk person. basically we are screw. There is no old version available for download. They are no where to be found. claim they do not have any archive. well at least he did get back to me. 

guess I am done with HP/SAMSUNG. no more buying any of their product.

V4.00.03.02 was the version which came loaded with the printer.

As regards upgrading, I am not sure you really need to go fully in sequence, as the FW is mostly overwritten during the upgrade. You cannot move from very old versions because the upgrade process changed, but you should be able to move easily between minor versions.

Did you ensure you put the printer in update mode before trying to load the new firmware? For me, it looks like it only worked when doing it from the printer touch screen.

HP Recommended

@ThomasRJ1 wrote:

What does SWS mean?

SWS=SyncThru Web Service; this is the printer Web UI you can access through HTTPS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.