Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Xpress C460FW
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an Xpress C460FW colour printer/scanner. It recently started beeping and gave an error message that said I had to replace the waste toner cartridge. I did that but the error message won't go away and it won't print, despite all attempts at cleaning the contact points (i.e., blowing it out, using cleaning wipes). 

Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Did you replace the waste toner with the new one or empty the old one and return it?

The printer has optical sensors it can read trough new waste toner box if the waste box is only emptied the will detect to be full.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.