Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Xpress M2675FN

My Samsung Xpress M2675FN doesn't permanently save time and date in the setup menu any more.  I have to type in time and date again  before I send a FAX message. I searched in almost every part of the web, including Samsungs support on hp-site, without any result. It seems to me, the problem is an empty battery for data storage. But there's not hint whatsoever if there is a built-in battery in this device.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The location of the battery should be on the control panel. You have several screws to remove on the bottom side to remove the front panel.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The location of the battery should be on the control panel. You have several screws to remove on the bottom side to remove the front panel.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your input...the battery (CR2032) is indeed located unter the control panel.  I'm not sure whether Samsung changed this in the meantime, but in my device the battery sits between two clamps that are soldered to the circuit board  a n d  to the battery. This makes it almost impossible to remove the battery without damaging the clamps. With some effort I succeded by using some force , but it was not possible to fix the new battery which is now hanging loose between the clamps.

KUDOS to Samsung for one of the least customer friendly products I've encountered in a long time. Built-in obsolescence.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.