Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-08-2020 01:14 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the printer has a false out of paper error and you are not able to print. I'd be happy to assist you.
- Are you using US letter size sheets?
- Make sure to fan the papers before placing them in the input tray and to adjust the paper width guides.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community