Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung SCX-3405W printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After some issues I was looking at the printer setting via SyncThru Web Service and changed the the Wifi security parameter from WPA2 to (I believe) WPA2-AES. After applying the changes my printer disconnected and didn't connect to the Wifi network again. 😞

Is it possible to do a factory reset via the print front panel itself?

Or is there perhaps another possibility to get into my printer again and change the Wifi Security Parameter back to previous setting.

Help is apriciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Read my post once more -> You need to navigate until your printer screen shows FC that is for reset.

On the YT video, the user navigates to AA that is for report printing.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Check out this YT video, to reset you will need to navigate to FC on the screen, video navigates to AA that is report printing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQeSagbGNgo 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all thanks for the suggestion! 😉

However, this is printing the report only and doesn't bring me the factory reset I need to get connected to the printer again via Wifi.

Edit: I now understand (after google) that FC = Factory Memory Clear,

I only needed to press start one time.

HP Recommended

Read my post once more -> You need to navigate until your printer screen shows FC that is for reset.

On the YT video, the user navigates to AA that is for report printing.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

At the same time you posted your message, I eddited my last message. 🙂

Thanks for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.