Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Galaxy S9
Android 9.0 Pie

HP Orbit app will not recognize the wifi my phone is on. It shows it as unknown SSID and therefore will not connect with my HP pc. Does anyone know how to correct this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@KBindy 

Looks like you are trying to connect them directly. Instructions clearly say: "Before attempting to pair your devices, make sure both the computer and the Android device are on the same wireless network. ".

Do your connect THEM to same your home network.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

my phone & pc are both on the same wifi network. The problem is the app is not seeing the wifi for some reason, it shows that it is connected to an "unknown SSID". 

HP Recommended

I did follow the instructions and made sure the phone & computer were on the same wifi. The app, under the instructions to make sure the devices are on the same wifi, says "unknown SSID" as the wifi the phone is connected to; However, the phone wifi settings shows it is connected to the same wifi as the computer. It is almost like the app is not operating correctly. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it did not change. 

HP Recommended

my S9 is doing the exact same thing. and yes I am connected to the same network.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.