Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP smartphoto 320

My smartphoto camera will not accept any SD card it's pretty old so that may just be the problem but after discovering

the serial number [serial number removed] is taken by a printer instead of this camera and anything smartphoto is associated with a printer as well I have found myself in a position where I can not find out the problem so here I am making an account and typing this just to see if I can get more than 8 MB of data.My SD card is a 16GB PNY and I couldn't find out if I just need a lower a,mount of storage on my SD card or not.

When I turn it on it says the SD card needs formatting but it works on my other cameras so that isn't actually the problem. If someone who even knows these exist could help me it would be appreciated.

With thanks, DASERDFHAERFHYU 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Daserdfhaerfhyu

Have you tried checking with a different SD card?

Check if the lock is released on the SD card.

Except the memory card or SD card not formatted error, many other causes also can make one memory card or SD card unworkable on a digital camera, like some logical damage causes and some physical damage causes. The logical damage causes, like RAW file system error, not formatted error, memory card error, virus error, sudden power loss or etc, often bring no serious problems and can be fixed with simple formatting process. 

Also, Please try few steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Plug in your SD card and launch command prompt which you can find by searching cmd.exe in the start menu. Now In Command prompt, you have to type the following with enter after every command.

1. diskpart
 2. list disk
 3. select disk x (where x is the number of your SD card – use the capacity to work out which one it is)
 4. attributes disk clear readonly
 5. clean
 6. create partition primary
 7. format fs=fat32 (you can swap fat32 for ntfs if you only need to use the drive with Windows computers)
 8. exit

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Insert the affected card into a card reader and connect it to your system.
Click on the "Start" option from your Windows taskbar and then select the "Computer” option.
Search for your SD card under "Devices with Removable Storage" and note the drive letter assigned.
Next, click the "Start" option again and type "cmd" in the "search" box.
Right-click "cmd" and then select the "Run as administrator" option.
A command window opens, and you can fix your corrupt memory card from here.
Next, type "chkdsk" followed by the drive letter corresponding to the SD card, then by a colon and /f.
After you press "enter", the Chkdsk will check for possible errors and try to fix the corrupt SD card. Follow the subsequent message prompts.

Let me know if this helps!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.