Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

That is a good idea in case that you have to scan something very ergent. Unfortunately it scans in .jpg or .tif. You can not scan in .pdf. Hopefully somebody will give a permanent solution to the problem since it is becoming very frustrting.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not all of us are IT. You will have to tell us how to do what you are proposing

HP Recommended

After windows did the latest update, I also lost my Logitech keyboard.  It's wireless and uses the "unifying" USB plug.  I played around with it for HOURS... and it suddenly started to work.  Just shows how unpredictable Windows 10 is...  Hate it...

HP Recommended

Add me to the list of users with this problem. I have a Samsung Xpress M2875FD running on an HP Pavilion 500 desktop. My Samsung is only one month old. Had been working fine. Win 10 updated to 1803 a week ago. Since then, I can print, but I can't scan. Have spent the entire morning updating driver, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, still receive this message.

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Worked fine just 2 days ago. Reinstalled a few times, rolled back updates - nothing helps. Funny thing, device is connected to USB, printer works fine, scanner also works fine with Paint and with installed driver. BUT... it refuses to see the scanner, when try to scan with Scan assistant or Easy document creator.

Also tried Paperport - same issue - no device found

HP Recommended

Thank you Iamborg, for adding your experiences. I have also continued troubleshooting. I installed the Samsung on my MacBook Air and was able to scan (as well as print) with no problem. This hardens the suspicion that the problem is a Windows issue, likely related to Version 1803.

It would seem that the ball is now in the court for the HP tech people. Either Windows automatically changed a setting (which?) that we users can switch back, or there is an incompatibility with the Samsung driver that HP needs to correct.

HP Recommended

Hay people wake up.!!!!  This problem is costing me money ( and others). I work from home. Every Sunday I do the privious weeks invioces. I high res scan the POD (Proof of Dilivery documents) to my clinets so I can  get paid. 

This issue seems to have being going on for some time. How long are we going to have to wait for a reply / update / soltion from HP or Samsung. Can it be once again, lack of resoures due to them been more intrested there shareholders than there CUSTOMERS .  Lately everything seems to be going this way. 

As if this was not the case, they at least whould by now, had the decency to comunicate with us all. ( reply / update / soltion) ???

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my Samsung Xpress M2885FW printer/scanner/copier. It prints via the USB cable, but it does not scan via the USB cable unless I go into Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and right click on the Samsung printer and click Start Scan. I cannot scan to PDF, and that is a required function for my business.

The problem began after the last Windows 10 update last week. 

Please keep me informed of a permanent solution.

Note that I have not been able to connect this wireless printer to my HP Envy 360 via a wireless connection since I bought the computer several months ago. I've tried too many tricks to resolve that issue to list on this loosely-related thread, so I won't try to resolve that here. 

Might anyone have this same issue that is not using a USB cable, but rather who are connecting wirelessly to their printer?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Yes, please fix this!

HP Recommended

Come on HP people. This is getting ridiculous. Offer support your products. After all this is what we are paying for. Offer a solution to the problem since it is costing us money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.