Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Xpress sl-m2835dw

my printer will not connect to network in my house when I follow the instructions in the manual, are there any troubleshooting steps?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello MJH673

Do you know if you have a dual band router or a single band router?

Does your router have a WPS button on it?

After knowing that, I can provide you with some steps to start troubleshooting.

Regards

Knowledge is to be shared.
HP Recommended

There is a WPS button on the router.  I have a Fios-G1100 router from Vorizon, I do not know if I have a single band or dual band router, how can I determine this??

HP Recommended

Hi MJH673

The dual banding depends on the nature of your router, you can check more informsation with Verizon, some routers show 2 network names, one communicates with 2.4 GHz and other with 5 GHz, anyways you can try pressing the WPS button (the one with a 2 rounded arrows icon) on the printer for 2 seconds until the WPS light starts to blink, and you would need to do the same on the router. The time frame to hold down the button can vary between different modems or routers, I recommend you to hold it down until you get one or more blinking lights on the device.

You should get a blue solid light on the WPS button as an indicator that the printer is connected to the network.

Note: The printer needs to be connected on the same network/band as the device that you would like to print from.

Regards.

Knowledge is to be shared.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.