Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello! Did you resolve the problem with

ML-1640 printer on macOS Big Sur?

I have the same problem with the driver...

the local support page does not work for big sur: https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/samsung-ml-1640-laser-printer-series/19134462

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

That was very inspired for me!

I've found last SpliX 2.0.0.0 (many links, but the archive is the same — it doesn't consist /usr folder in target.pkg — only Archive.pax.gz that I  can't gunzip | pax)

And I can't compile SpliX from sources...

But now I have PPD file for ML-1640. That's a big deal but still don't work on installation process 😞

Can you help?

HP Recommended

Hello! I found the next solution for Samsung ML-1640.

I have MacBook Air M1 2020 with Mac OS Big Sur and Big Sur doesn't support ML-1640 oficially.

To resolve this problem I installed virtual machine Parallels Desktop with Ubuntu Linux ARM Server 20.04.2 LTS.

Ubuntu OS recognized ML-1640 and installed drivers automatically.

With help of Parallels Desktop and Ubuntu Linux ARM Server 20.04.2 LTS my ML-1640 works fine.

HP Recommended

How does installing in Ubuntu allow for printing on big Sur? These are two separate operating systems.  Thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.