Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

HI @KrazyToad 

Is there any feedback yet from the escalation on the 23rd Jan?

HP Recommended

Mr @KrazyToad sir? Is there any news? It has been two weeks now since this was escalated twice.

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad is there any info yet? any updates? You cant expect us to sit waiting for weeks with no more info. Escalation is great but that isn't the end of it.

Please update

HP Recommended

Spent all day trying to get Samsung M2070 to print from macOS Catalina but it will not connect via USB OR AirPrint. There are no drivers available. What the heck am I supposed to do in meantime as I run a home business and need this printer to output my work. I've tried every single trouble shoot I can find to no avail. Frustrating!!

HP Recommended

I'm using the Mojave driver which mostly works as long as you don't want to scan to pdf.

HP Recommended

Note: My scanner works no problem, it just won't print and I can't get the printer to connect to WIFI in order to use AirPrint for some reason. 

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad can you please give us some feedback on your escalation of this problem? it has been weeks now.

HP Recommended

HI Mcmom28, 

You and all the rest of us are being left out in the cold by HP, they are not even communicating. 

HP Recommended

any news on our escalation? its been ages

HP Recommended

To recap, here is the bodge to install the Mojave driver, this assumes you've not got any other printers installed and that your Wifi is working correctly and you can see your printer as an option to install in the printer list. Follow at your own risk. This may or may not work for you. 

• Download the driver from https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/SL-M2070/M2070_Series_Mac_PrinterDriver_V1.04....
  • Unzip and then further unzip the internal MAC_Installer/Mac_Data/Printer Driver.zip
  • Copy the internal Printer Driver/10.6/PPD/gzipfile/Samsung M2070 Series.gz to a non iCloud sync'd folder.
  • Remove the contents of /Library/Printers (you may want to back this up first and this assumes you have no other printers installed!).
  • From system, add a printer as usual, but instead of selecting AirPrint, select "other" from the "Use:", pick the Samsung M2070 Series.gz file you saved somewhere.
  • Confirm the download from the update servers.
  • The install will error saying something failed, click confirm or cancel or whatever the option is.
  • In the "Use:" dropdown, you'll have have a new M2070 option. Click that and confirm any error messages that appear.
  • Test your printing
  • Complain to HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.