Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M2020W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Samsung M2020 Printer is printing crazy stuff on tons of paper even after upgrading to the latest firmware.  The issue occurs all the time and it doesn't matter if print job was started at Win 10 or Mac OS.  The printer became unavailable... it gets into a loop and never stops...  In windows it gets LSU Unit Failure #U2-1113 error code.  And after restarting the printer it gets to its normal ready state, but once I send any new print jobs, it gets into the same error behavior as before.  Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Folks, any help or feedback is really appreciated.  Still no luck here.

HP Recommended

This is a "Hail Mary" pass (end-of-game, down-by-six, last-ditch attempt).

I would try double-checking that the correct printer driver is installed, and even so, re-install it.

Printing gibberish sounds like a driver thinking a different printer is on the receiving end.

I'd recommend re-installing the firmware, but finding that the Samsung/HP cabal has decided to make that next-to-impossible. I cannot find original firmware for my M2020W to reinstall so that I can connect to the onboard webserver again. HP has decided against helping do that.  (There are reports that latter-day firmware versions "fixed" the printers so that the could no longer use third-party toner cartridges. HP admitted doing so in 2016.  Too bad. I'll give The Other Fellows a try next time around.)

HP Recommended

Hi DamNSung,

Thanks very much for your reply.  However it is not a driver issue.  It all started all of a sudden.  I did re-install everything before posting this question here.

In windows it shows a LSU error message.  I am wondering whether cleaning the printer properly would resolve this issue or a LSU replacement is required.

Any thoughts?

rgs

Tiago Pozzato

HP Recommended

Can you explain what does it actually print?
May be a picture? 

Just a electronics enthusiast trying to fix everything.
If this reply was helpful, click on the "yes" below to let others know. 🙂
If i solved your problem, please mark your thread solved:)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.