Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My IT  person who has vast experience with other OEM's and connecting copiers to network can't get scanning to work on this Samsung. Got it printing and web interface page comes up. But it fails every time when you try to scan.
Also IT person said he setup like any other scan to email copier he has done but scans still fail. Also can't access address book.

When you run the smtp test from interface it connects.
At first the web interface page was turned off and could not get it to print but that was corrected so maybe the machine was initialized or reset and a scan setting is turned off?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Make sure that the firmware is up to date. Some models do not meet current security settings without updates.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

Went ahead and updated the firmware from 2014 version to latest available 2021.

My IT person tried again to setup scanning and was unsuccessful. Only way it will work is manually inputting email address every time you want to scan. He said address book is missing.

Any ideas on how to get the address book back?

Or any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.