Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to reset the paper counter becouse i replaced the transfer belt. I tried a random EDC program but cannot send dat through USB. 

Can someone please help?? 

I placed original imagine roll and fuser but now the life of my printer is ending. 

It is a fine printer and i never had any problems till now..

Greetings All

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Only the original EDC program available at authorised service centres will work. It's not publicly available.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I understand that it is a company thing but i replaced the belt and even when i ordered original componants HP wont help me. My question is if there are more versions of the EDC program or is there a problem communicating with my printer. The program sees my printer but cannot write. Also the printer software fails to pick-up data from the printer. It does get cartridge info, but not deeper 

HP Recommended

Replacing the belt ( and fuser) on that printer model is not intended to be done by a user, only authorized service personnel should replace and reset the count after part replacement. 
Maybe if you ask a seller who sold you that part if they can provide you access to an appropriate EDC tool.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

On about the same type of printer but with a display you can go to service setting, enter the code and is provided by HP or Samsung. But on this type you need software to emulate this? And this is not provider by them? When I cannot fix this on this machine with a proper tool, my next printer will never be an HP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.