Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress M2835DW
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi,

I have recently purchased this printer because I need high quality prints in black specifically laser printer. However this printer seems to be a proper nightmare.. I have spent 3 nights with it and still haven't figured out how to use it properly. 

1. Wireless printing issues

When I first installed everything it allowed me to print wirelessly.. then went in sleep mode and I couldn't print a single thing without USB. After re-installing everything many times I figured out that if the connection drops I can turn off my wi-fi and turn wifi on as the printer and then it prints. It's A way alright but honestly.. why do I have to turn off my wi-fi to print wirelessly? And the connection seems to be dropping anyway. My wi-fi signal is perfect and there is nothing wrong with my internet at all. 

I could somewhat deal with this even though it's not supposed to be this way. 

2. Print quality - prints everything pixelated.

Everything that I print comes out pixelated, I am a graphic designer, I know how to set up things for print, the only way I managed to get this printer to print is printing straight from InDesign but that is not acceptable either. I should be able to print a high quality image from any file I want. 

I have tried many settings with:

- PDF

- PDF print as image option

- JPG

- Photoshop

- Illustrator

- InDesign

It almost seems like the printer is printing in eco mode even though it's not on. I have selected High resolution and max toner EVERYWHERE. 

I don't need any toner saving settings at all, I need to use the MAX at all times. It prints on cardstock nicely so I would like to keep the printer but I need it to print properly not just from InDesign. 

Any suggestions apart from resolution settings? 

This is how it looks like on ALL settings. 

IMG_5348.HEIC.jpgIMG_5348.HEIC2.jpg

I can get it to print ok from InDesign so the printer can clearly print in good quality, what am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot,

I am sorry but you clearly don't know what you are talking about and you don't understand the issue either. 

I have managed to find a solution and the printer prints perfectly now - as advertised in the specfications. 

If it's helpful to anyone with the same issue here's how I solved it: 

I am working on a mac, the issue was in the wireless connection and nothing else. I connected the printer through USB and that allowed me to change the settings through the Easy Printer software (which wasn't possible before) and afterwards I connected the printer with IP address and that was the main thing. That solved everything. Connecting with provided wi-fi setup gives the results as I have shown above (nothing to do with my occupation) and connection issues like printer in the sleeping mode. 

So now after 5 days of battling with it, it finally works as it should! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is office printer that doesn't suite one graphic designer needs. 99% users would be satisfied with the print quality. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot,

I am sorry but you clearly don't know what you are talking about and you don't understand the issue either. 

I have managed to find a solution and the printer prints perfectly now - as advertised in the specfications. 

If it's helpful to anyone with the same issue here's how I solved it: 

I am working on a mac, the issue was in the wireless connection and nothing else. I connected the printer through USB and that allowed me to change the settings through the Easy Printer software (which wasn't possible before) and afterwards I connected the printer with IP address and that was the main thing. That solved everything. Connecting with provided wi-fi setup gives the results as I have shown above (nothing to do with my occupation) and connection issues like printer in the sleeping mode. 

So now after 5 days of battling with it, it finally works as it should! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.