Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Xpress C1860
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi, maybe somebody can help ?

Since one week, my 3 year old Samsung printer Xpress C1860, has a vertical white strip, when i do copies or scaning.

C1860 -fehler.jpg

Not when i do printings.

Any solution?

Thanks Dago

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello Dogo

since today I have these same problem with my ProXpress C3060FR, 2,5 years old, not soo much used. Printing is o.k.

Did your already contact the support?

Wolf9

HP Recommended

Hi Dago3

There ist some information on

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/Only-Get-A-Striped-Picture-When-Copying-Or-...

In my case it is "Issue 1": Striped image occurs through both the Flatbed and Automatic Document Feeder.

So I made a Firemware update, but it did not solve the problem.

Wolf9

HP Recommended

Hello Wolf9,

Thank you for helping, unfortunately no progress, 

I tried both steps, wall socket and updating the software 😞

Well, for me it is essential that i can do printings, sometimes i do copies, now i have to make a diversion via foto 🙂

HP Recommended

Based on the image you provided, it seems like the optical reader is defective. (It is the bar with a light on it that moves under the glass when you use the flatbed to scan. When using the doc feeder, it is the opposite: the bar stays stationary and the document moves.) It would seem that a portion of it has gone dead. There should be a ribbon cable attached to it -- see if it is disconnected or crimped (damaged) in any way. You can also start a copy or scan with the lid open and see if everything moves normally. Ultimately, the solution might be to open it up and make sure it is firmly connected. Worse case would be to have to replace it.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem.

In the end of your message, you suggested to "open it up and make sure it is firmly connected". How can we open it? I dont see any handle or support intended to open it. My model is C-483W, but I guess it's similar.

Thx !

HP Recommended

Obviously it is a common problem of Samsung multifunction devices. More than 400 people have looked at the support request from Dago3. Throwing the device away would be a bad contribution to the global climate. It would be honest of Samsung/HP to communicate the price for replacing the unit in a margin and make a fair offer.

HP Recommended

You are right Wolf9.

I'm ready to submit a request to Samsung/HP about this optical sensor problem. But I don't even figure out how to contact Samsung to discuss about this. Do you know how we can contact them?

HP Recommended

Hello Yuris, hello Wolf9,

That would be great, if you can find a way to contact Samsung/HP Support. I thougt that some of the technicians have read the post and advise a solution, or even advises us where to buy the scan unit and how to install. ( You tube or similar) .

In fact, i am a bit dissapointed of this type, because i did at most 15 copies and 10 scans. (Warrenty is unfortunately expired)

Stay healthy, Dago3

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on Samsung Xpress C480FW.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.