Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress M2876ND
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I have a Samsung all in one printer (Xpress M2876ND) which I have connected to my M1 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6 using AirPrint. Prints are working fine but scan option is not available in Printers & Scanner section. Official Set up a scanner article on Apple website mentions that "Important: Don’t install software that came with the scanner. Your macOS computer downloads the latest scanner software automatically."

I am able to see my all in one printer and also able to print successfully using AirPrint but scan option is simply not visible anywhere. Some articles also say that one needs to use Image Capture app to scan but Image Capture is not showing any printer.

So what do I do now - should I install drivers which Apple says I should not install? The only driver available on HP website for Samsung M2876ND is "Samsung Universal Print and Scan Driver".

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing the Samsung Universal Print and Scan Driver for your printer and then try scanning, the Apple document is generic and not intended for all printers, scanning support with AirPrint is available with select printers only, as also listed by Apple's document:

Spoiler
you may be able to use its scanner features without any additional work

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mh28039/11.0/mac/11.0

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.