Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi, tried a firmware update late last year using a USB Flash Drive and the printer update menu. Had an error and did not work. The issue I think is with the Mac OS Majove. The document physically scans but the OS does not render the document, when you try to open it it shows an error.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you. I will try update firmware later today. 

HP Recommended

Hi

Now i can scan with Samsung Easy Document Creator, but really would like to scan "old" way.

Screenshot 2019-03-07 at 17.31.14.png

HP Recommended

Hi JT1000

This is the latest version of Firmware that can be installed from MAC:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/SS/C480/C480-V3.00.01.20_9001012.zip

The printer needs to be connected wireless to be able to update it (at least from a MAC) and the instructions are in the same zip folder in a PDF.

The login information for the SyncThru Web Service is:

ID: admin

Password: sec00000

Let me know if you were able to update the Firmware.

Regards.

Knowledge is to be shared.
HP Recommended

I was able to update firmware, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi PetriVR

I think you mean that you would like to scan using the MAC software, you can try with some alternatives that we have at this link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/SL-C480/C48x_Series_Mac_ScanDriver_V2.31.62.zi...
There is no warranty that these drivers would work with Mojave, the thing is that the recommended software by HP is always the Samsung Easy Document Creator cause it would have the full features available.
Regards.
Knowledge is to be shared.
HP Recommended

hi all

samsung printer as noted above samsung was bought by HP

so far the tech support has been less than stellar

one agent who was in touch with me told me to junk the printer which still works fine because

it "is an old model and you should buy a new one"

real funny since that exact model is still offered for sale as new by amazon and others

since Mojave the native (ie samsung) scan works fine for every type of image BUT pdf

easy doc creator does pdf fine but keeps warning that the end is near for 32 bit apps

is this the support we loyal customers can expect from HP?????

is HP selling new printers on amazon and others but simply not supporting newer OS ??

brother (as an example) is much more helpful with tech support (have their printer at work)

and they seem to upgrade drivers even for their "older models"

HP Recommended

apologies the printer I use is Samsung m3870fd

bought out by HP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The scanner has disappeared from my applications following an OS update.

HP Recommended

Recently updated to latest OS Catalina. Scanner does not work at all now. It appears that HP who now own Samsung printers have not provided Apple with an update for the printer software. Solution long term is to possibly buy another printer/scanner.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.