Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Express M2020W
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I dusted off an old Samsung Xpress m2020w laser printer that I used to have connected wirelessly for WIFI printing. Now with Catalina, the Samsung Easy Wireless Setup program doesn't work. I can print with a wired connection.

How can I connect my printer to my network for wireless printing if Catalina doesn't support the manufacturers program?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are you connecting to new wifi in the new house?

HP Recommended

Yes, I am trying to connect to a new wifi in the house

HP Recommended

The easiest way is to use the wps button if you have that on your router. You can then connect straight from the printer menu.

HP Recommended

It worked but connection is sketchy. Sometimes I have to resend to printer for it to print. That’s never happened before. 

HP Recommended

Try moving the printer closer to your WiFi. I think the print report displays signal level etc. Have you got a mesh network? If so, are you able to turn mesh off for the printer? Mine doesn’t like hopping about.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.