Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium Fax C410b
Android 9.0 Pie

Am unable to print from my Samsung Galaxy mobile to my Photosmart Premium C410b

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright 🙂

Keep me posted!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@bischar Thanks for sharing your concern with the HP Community,

here's what I'll need, so I may be able to provide an accurate solution:

Are other devices working fine on the same network?

If yes, I'll need to know which app you are using to print?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have wifi which may be at the root ofthe problem. I need to use mobile data. My hp laptop connects and print without any problems. The mobile connects to the printer and the wifi light is on. But when trying to print with the hp print app get 'cannot connect to printer' message.

Maybe without wifi the problem is insurmountable but your thoughts would be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@bischar I'm afraid you are right, the printer may not work with a mobile hotspot,

Please consider connecting to a working wifi to get this working.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I'm not able to access wifi so cannot go down that route. Luckily my hp laptop connects and prints when tethered to my mobile. I don't like to be beaten so will keep looking for a solution  -  will certainly post it if I find one. 

HP Recommended

Print from your Android device with a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable connected to your HP printer.

NOTE: 

Printing with a USB OTG cable is not supported from an Apple or Windows 10 Mobile device.

Example of an Android device connected to the printer with a USB OTG cable

Step 1: Check the requirements

Before you print with a USB OTG cable, make sure the printer and your Android device meet the following requirements:

• The printer hardware is set up.

• The printer supports printing from a USB OTG cable connection.

Most HP printers support printing from a USB OTG. For a list of HP printers that do not support printing from a USB OTG connection, go to the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) section.

• An Android OS 4.0 (KitKat) device or later that supports USB OTG.

Consult your Android device manufacturer or product specifications to determine whether your device supports printing with a USB OTG cable.

• The HP Printer Service Plugin installed on the Android device.

Go to HP Print Service Plugin (in English), then follow the on-screen instructions to install the plugin from the Google Play Store.

• A USB and USB OTG cable. The USB OTG cable includes a USB port on one end and a micro-USB connector on the other.

USB cable

USB cable

USB OTG cable

Example of a USB OTG cable

Step 2: Connect the USB OTG cable to your printer and Android device

Turn on the printer, then connect the USB OTG cable to your printer and Android device.

1. Turn on the printer, if is not on already.

2. Connect one end of a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on the OTG cable.

3. Plug the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB port on your Android device.

An HP Print Service Plugin window displays on the Android device.

Connecting the micro-USB connector to the micro-USB port on your Android device

4. Tap OK to activate the HP Print Service Plugin.

Activiating the HP Print Service Plugin

Your Android device is now ready to print using the USB OTG connection.

refer - Printing With a USB OTG Cable (Android)

Also, refer to Printing with the Samsung Print Service Plugin

Hope this helps!

Let me know!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Many thanks. I will acquire necessary cables and work through the procedure. Will post result which I hope will be positive.

HP Recommended

Alright 🙂

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hurrah  - followed instructions and it worked perfectly. 

Very many thanks.

HP Recommended

You're welcome:)

I am glad it worked for you.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.