docger1
Level 1
10 10 0 2
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

macOS Catalina and Samsung C48x printer not working

The "Accepted Answer" didn't work for me either.

Somehow, there's a "disconnect" between the AirPrint printer driver and the actual non AirPrint driver that was previously listed.

It was a very simple fix for me.  And obviously having two basically identical printers listed doesn't impact anything regarding printing.  And you're still able to AirPrint from a mobile or tablet device.

I'm curious, is your printer a multi-function printer/scanner?  Because the Samsung Easy Document Creator scanning software no longer works either with Catalina.  Apparently, it's a 32 bit software.

I have the scanning solution as well, if you need it.  It replaces scanning with the Samsung Easy Document Creator software and uses the Mac proprietary ImageCapture app, scanning from there making sure you ONLY use the JPEG option as output.  Then, you can open the scanned jpeg document in Preview and Export as PDF if you need a pdf document.  

0 Kudos
Sam2835
3 3 0 0
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

macOS Catalina and Samsung C48x printer not working

I have a standard B&W laser printer, specifically the Samsung  Xpress M2835 DW. It's always been reliable, so it was driving me nuts that I couldn't use it after installing Catalina. I Googled a lot of troubleshooting tips before hitting on this page. (In fact, I hadn't realized HP bought Samsung's printer business, which is a real head-scratcher.)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation