Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a Samsing M3870FW printer/scanner/fax and have been using it for wifi faxing for over a year. In this last week, the Easy Print Manager software used to communicate between my PC and fax stopped working. It took 2 days or deleting the printer and attempting to reload it as my preferred printer before my computer and fax started to "talk" to eachother again. I can now print wirelessly, but when I try to use the Easy Print Manager fax option, the report I'm trying to send prints instead of faxes (I don't even get to the fax no. option) and I have to physically fax rather than have the program fax it paperless. What's happened and what are my options?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem, after I had paid support from HP,  my Officejet 8610 was left with the printer with the printer named Fax-HP Officejet 8610 And I can't fax via it. It defaults to Microsoft fax. even to set that up was difficult (they were asking for server name (I eventually entered 0,0,0,0 & it seemed to work).

I could suggest (if you have a setup CD or can get software online) disconnecting power to the printer unit un-installing and then re-installing the softwar, then restarting the printe then look at the computer'scontrol panel "programs and features. I use Windows10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.