Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3635
iOS 11 - 11.4.1

I can't open HP Easy Start on my MacBookPro.  Iget the message "Safari can't open download---"

Using HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3635 and MAC OS 10.14.4.  I need to print some documents and when I tried to print on the 3635 the MAC showed "printer not responding".

I checked and found the printer was not connected to my wifi. I printed out the "Wireless Quick Start Guide" and followed instructions to remove all HP folders from Applications and /Library/Printers/hp.  Then I went to 123hp.com and downloaded HP Easy Start. The download said "can't move file".   When I clicked on Easy Start in download I got "Safari can't open download file because file is still downloading", even after 1 hour.    Along the way, I followed some instructions above to go to System Preferences/printers. and remove all HP printer images. Then was instructed to hit + and add printer name.  However, nothing came up.

Please help. I need to print these documents.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Such an error of cannot move file will occur due to having HP Easy Start already stored in your download folder.

Open your download folder and type HP into the search bar, then select the search location to Downloads from the top bar.

Open the saved HP Easy Start icon and follow the steps to install the printer.

Another option would be using HP Smart instead by adding the printer as AirPrint,

The HP Smart app can be downloaded below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPSmart3.0.pkg

If you would need to connect the printer to your wireless network follow 'Connect a printer that does not have a touchscreen control panel > Step 2: Connect the printer with the HP Smart app > Mac OS X' below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.