Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500e
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

The printer will not copy.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Giulianalasagna, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the copier stops working or a Scanner Failure. Unable to Scan, Copy, or Fax displays, there might be a hardware related issue such as a scanner mechanism jam or calibration issue, low scanner bulb temperature, or an internal or external electrical problem. The issue is not related to network or USB connection issues.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer, disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

2. If you are using a power strip or multi-plug adapter, connect the cord directly to a wall outlet to make sure the printer is getting enough power.

3. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.

• If the error still displays, connect the printer to a different wall outlet to determine if the original outlet is causing the issue.

• If the error still displays with a different wall outlet, partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass, service the printer

Refer to the document HP Printers - Resolving Copy Problems for additional help.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no error display. When I press the copy button, nothing happens.

HP Recommended

@Giulianalasagna

Does the scanner light illuminate when you press the copy button? You can check that by lifting the scanner lid partially.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, it does not illuminate, nor does it do so when I try to scan. So both features are not working.

HP Recommended

@Giulianalasagna

This is a scanner failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is not an option. Paying for service would probably cost more than buying a new printer!

Another question. Is this printer enabled for AirPrint? When I first got it I was able to print wirelessly from my iPad. I can no longer do so. My iPad OS is up to date. It now seems that I can only print to an AirPrint-enabled device.

HP Recommended

@Giulianalasagna

Yes, the printer is AirPrint capable.

Refer to the document HP Printers - Printing with Apple AirPrint (iOS)  for help.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.