Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp office jet printer all in one 8710

Trying to delete sender profile from control panel. Where is this located. scan to mail is suggesting that username and password do not match. Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dhatch1 

See the example again (first post).

Yes, if you changed your email address, you will need to set up Scan to Email again and change the email address within the initial setup.

Note the explanation about using 2-step verification and the need for an apps password.

If your email provided allows the "Less secure" option, see the note about that option possibly being switched off by the email provider (at least one of the providers does not like less secure and might switch it off while you are not looking).

What else?

Not sure - the setup follows certain rules - in so much that I am aware, the setup for this older printer should not have changed.

That said,

Example 2 - EWS - Scan to Email - OfficeJet Pro 9025

EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_2EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_2

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@dhatch1 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

The 8710 is the "little brother" in the 8700 series.

If your printer supports the Digital Send option,

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to configure / test / add / delete profile(s) and setup.

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Scan > Scan to Email >  Settings / Scan to Email Setup

Example

EWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_7CEWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_7C

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications)

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series 

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Is there a way to do this on from the printer control panel. It is used for a small business

HP Recommended

I am very much not an IT person so any information is very helpful..

HP Recommended

@dhatch1 

The primary setup is explained in the User Guide

Starting on Page 13

EWS is the method to edit / change / update the profiles.

It is easier than it looks.

How to open EWS is explained in the guide starting on page 106.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You are so helpful. Yes I looked through the manual already. And I went to the scan to wizard and I keep getting an error both on the control panel and from my browser. Email (STMP) server requires user authentication make sure smtp username and password are specified. I did change my email password which I am assuming is the issue. I just don't know how to fix it.

HP Recommended

@dhatch1 

See the example again (first post).

Yes, if you changed your email address, you will need to set up Scan to Email again and change the email address within the initial setup.

Note the explanation about using 2-step verification and the need for an apps password.

If your email provided allows the "Less secure" option, see the note about that option possibly being switched off by the email provider (at least one of the providers does not like less secure and might switch it off while you are not looking).

What else?

Not sure - the setup follows certain rules - in so much that I am aware, the setup for this older printer should not have changed.

That said,

Example 2 - EWS - Scan to Email - OfficeJet Pro 9025

EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_2EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_2

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. If this doesn't work I might restore to original settings and start all over.. Appreciate you help

HP Recommended

@dhatch1 

You are welcome.

Yes, when all else fails, start over.

Smiling.

Stay Safe.

Better 2021 for everyone!

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.