Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Epic15 - I do not know if you still need the solution or have already found one out.

But solution outlined should work, as it came from HP Support Centre on an interactive basis!

Check for DocProc folder and Q Folder. with the mentioned files. if they are present, you should have no problem!

cheers

HP Recommended

Hetal04 - I do not know if you still need the solution or have already found one out.

But solution outlined by me earlier should work, as it came from HP Support Centre on an interactive basis!

Check for DocProc folder and Q Folder. with the mentioned files. if they are present, you should have no problem!

cheers

HP Recommended

@Pamela, glad to be of service!

p.s. 3 years, in my opinion, look to be quite a long time to look for a solution::smileysurprised:

HP Recommended

I downloded the sam but it is not working..

Need help on this.

HP Recommended

your message is not clear.

have you checked out the contents of the unzipped file and spotted the "setup" folder with those files mentioned earlier > if you have, try them out.

since i had used the CD that came with the printer, I have not tried the dowload method.

HP Recommended

After months of frustration in not being able to scan to PDF using Deskjet F380 (Windows XP), I finally found the solution, thanks to lateral thinking and "Kalyanarman"! I used the same advice as I found for the Deskjet F4280, 

0. you should have the CD that came along with the printer. the solution that is listed below is working for windows xp operating system. 

1. Browse the CD -> Go to the Setup folder. -> Go to the DocProc folder. -> Double-click Docproc.msi to install.  you will not see any progress etc.,
2. Browse the CD -> Go to the Setup folder. -> Go to Qfolder . -> Double-click Qfolder.msi to install.  same as above.

3. Go back to your HP solution centre and under scan settings option you shhould get to see the PDF options (and a few others as well).

cheers 

HP Recommended

Have followed the details on these postings and still cannot scan to pdf. Assuming that I need to have the current correct software file,  I have just uninstalled the HP DeskJet 4280 printer drivers about 6 times in the last 2 weeks and it will print and scan to other formats but NOT to a "pdf" file. I have been using this printer for several years in fact it is actually a refurbished model but it seems to have a pdf scanning software issue. The HP Scan Dr does not help. Other HP sites do nto help. The file listed here downloads and then says do you want to install more software and which point it says your software is installed. I have combined the HP web page for a solution and cannot find one. Can anyone assist me?

HP Recommended

Easy-pizzy, it worked like a charm on my HP Deskjet F4283. And to think I was about to chuck it. Thanks very much boet!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.