Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet G4010 Photo Scanner
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Can anyone suggest a way to download HP drivers for my Scanjet G4010? HP only offers a route through EasyStart but this is not backward compatible with OS10.13. I cannot upgrade the Mac to 10.14. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @MrGribs,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you need information regarding your  HP Scanjet G4010 Photo Scanner. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To answer your question: You have to download the drivers using the HP Easy Start app and it is compatible with MAC OS 10.14 as well. 

Please refer to the below image:

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions but they did not work.

I tried to change the preferred operating system as you suggested but Mac OS is not listed in the left-hand Operating System drop down list so I could not select the version 10.13 in the right hand box. The HP system wants to take me only to HP Smart that is not compatible to Mac OS versions before 10.14.

HP seems to be locking me out of the equipment I purchased from them and its beginning to make me angry. I don't want to buy a new scanner because (a) I can't seem one that will do photo slides and negatives like the G4010 does; (b) any new machine will probably require HP Smart that I can't use; (c) I have a good scanner that works apart from HP's refusal to let me reinstall drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.