Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

How do I perform multipage twosided scanning on this device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do not support suplex printing or scanning..

You may perform a such manually through the HP Scan software.

From your pritner software open the Scan tab and press on Scan a document or photo.

Select your required scan shortcut and then press on More >

Within the Scan Pages select two-sided and press OK, then follow the steps on screen.

The software will scan the first side of the pages from teh top ADF and will instruct you to load the 2nd side manually, then it will auto arrange it in correct order.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do not support suplex printing or scanning..

You may perform a such manually through the HP Scan software.

From your pritner software open the Scan tab and press on Scan a document or photo.

Select your required scan shortcut and then press on More >

Within the Scan Pages select two-sided and press OK, then follow the steps on screen.

The software will scan the first side of the pages from teh top ADF and will instruct you to load the 2nd side manually, then it will auto arrange it in correct order.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I can't seem to follow these directions on my Mac.  Would the directions be different for Mac users?

HP Recommended

I have a MacBook Air running macOS Mojave 10.14, and I'm able to do two sided scanning.  I installed the HP Easy Scan app from the Apple store (free). At the top, there's two dropdowns, first is Scanner and second is Presets.  Off to the right is a blue Scan button. You have to go into the Presets and change the behavior from General Purpose, which doesn't provide the option for two sided scanning with this printer. There's also a way to add to or customize some of the presets. Also, "Photos, Graphics, etc." doesn't offer two sided scanning options.  I have presets for "Documents with Text" and "Documents with Color", and in addition, I created an additional one called "Documents with Color - Legal" for when the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) is loaded with legal size paper (basically, anything longer than standard US letter). When you choose on of the "Documents with ..." presets, then choose the "Presets" dropdown a 2nd time and select the "Edit settings ..." option.  From that screen, you can choose paper size, B&W, grayscale or color, resolution, and the "More Options" check boxes for "Straighten pages" and finally, "Scan both sides of pages".  Load your document(s) in the ADF, click the scan button. It scans the fronts of all the pages, e.g., 1, 3 and 5. When that's done, you take them in the order they came out of the output tray, making sure the reverse sides are now face up, put in the ADF, and select the "continue" button on the Easy Scan interface.  It will put the pages in proper order, unless you've shuffled them when you put them back in the ADF.  Somewhere (and I forget where on the web) there's instructions on how to create your own presets within the HP Easy Scan for the Mac; unfortunately, you can't (at least so far) have a preset automatically set to do 2 sided copying - you have to go back in each time and click that check box.  But you can create presets (as many as you want, so far as I know) for legal paper, color type, differing resolutions, etc.

HP Recommended

You may want to check out the free version of PDFSAM (PDF Split and Merge).  I’d hope there are other applications out there like this, I’m not trying to push a particular application.  I am disappointed this isn’t part of the HP Smart App.  At any rate, you scan the first side to a PDF.  Then you scan the second side to a second PDF.  Then PDFSAM will interleave the pages (even reversing the second PDF which is necessary if you don’t want to shuffle the pages between scans).

HP - This seems like a simple SW feature that any printer with an ADF would want to include.

HP Recommended

How do we copy A Document with both sides printed on another paper on both sides

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this solution does not work on the latest downloadable version that I can find. I used it with my old PC, but since updating and getting the newest software this option appears to have been eliminated.

HP Recommended

Hi 30fold, you aren't clear which approach isn't working anymore for your old PC. There are two methods identified in this chain, one using HP Easy Scan (which works on Macs up til Catalina, and may work on PCs), and one using PDFSAM (PDF Split and Merge), used mostly on PCs. Which one changed for you?

HP Recommended

@GRGuy, thank you for the reply. I apologize if I was unclear. The old PC still works fine. I simply use it in a different location now. The printer works fine. The scanner works fine. The software appears to work as designed. It simply lacks the features and functionality the old software had on my old PC. It looks different. The interface is different. And the options suggested in this thread are simply not there. The old software on the old PC did have the option to designate 2-sided scanning. The new software does not. I was not trying to use PDFSAM. I am not sure if the old software is available for download. I've searched for quite a while but have not found anything except what is labeled HP SMART on my Windows 10 menu after running the HP EasyStart installation. Here are a couple of screencaps to show what it looks like from here. Thank you for taking time to look at this.

Screen Shot 01-11-20 at 10.06 AM 001.PNGScreen Shot 01-11-20 at 10.06 AM.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.